Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Arch1142 Drawing



This is for Architectural communications

The first exercise was to draw the cupsA Side View
Top View
and a section viewImprovement :
1.I ran out of space for the dish for the top view, from this exercise I learnt that the layout or prediction of the space of the paper is very important, not only when space is insufficient but at the same time the layout can determine the way how people see your plans.2. The cup can be rendered a bit more, as the inside wasnt shaded.
The second exercise wanted us to measure the dimension of a classroom and draw a floor plan and section. The measuring had to be accurate, and we had to figure out the scale of the plan.
Improvements: Should put some furniture in it or draw a person that shows the scale of the plan.

This was the perspective drawing done last week, the stairs were tricky.
Improvements: Rendering can be better


The exercise that we had to draw a perspective on the campus, although we had a similar exercise in the past semester but we did not use perspectives to draw buildings, therefore I consider this exercise more interesting than others. I used a tracing paper and ran over it with pencil then by black pin pen, the drawing did not come out so well as the pencil was smudged.

This exercise helped me in an another subject, when I was required to sketch a building in Ultimo.
Improvements : Should be careful with the smudging.
A bad quality photo of my plan sorry

Didnt have a light box, so I just put a lamp under a glass table. Worked !

This was the last assignment, The drawing of the Rose Seidler House plan.
After the tutorial today
I was quite disappointed of myself as I had not
1. Blacken the walls in the plan
2.Apply texture
3. Done a sketch drawing ( I did a 3D-perspective one)
4. Include a scale ruler, direction
5. Done some renderings
....
Anyway, I hope I wont do the same mistake again in the future !!!


To conclude, this workshop has taught me a lot about plan drawing, sections, elevations, scale, perspective ...... and many more.
Thank you !!

No comments:

Post a Comment